The main aim of the entity is to support community-based research aimed at the development of methodologies, theory and practice based on a holistic, systemic and integrated approach to the promotion of well-being. The knowledge generated will thus contribute to social transformation, applicable on a local, as well as global scale.
Specific objectives to reach this aim are:
- To build theory regarding methodologies to enable authentic partnerships for the generation of contextually and culturally relevant knowledge that leads to sustainable improvement in holistic wellbeing in education contexts.
- To develop theory to enable an improved systemic and critical understanding of how education systems and communities interact to impact on wellness.
- To generate knowledge to inform the development of pre and in service teacher education (pre, post grad) programmes to promote an integrated, holistic and ecosystemic understanding of psycho-social wellbeing within education contexts.
- To develop evidence based strategies to enhance the holistic wellbeing of education communities, particularly those recognized to be most vulnerable.
- To develop holistic, integrated strategies to facilitate enabling and inclusive spaces across all levels of interrelatedness in education communities.
- To develop expertise of academics involved in the programme to enable them to develop international research collaborations in this field.