To promote self-directed learning that will lead to lifelong learning in all education sectors through excellent research.
- To conduct relevant research on strategies and contexts that contribute to self-directed learning skills;
- To optimise the quality of our research outputs and to disseminate the results thereof locally and internationally;
- To support academic staff to develop relevant knowledge and to gain international recognition;
- To provide quality postgraduate training in order to promote self-directed learning in all education sectors;
- To share our knowledge to promote self-directed learning practices.
In our research we focus on the promotion of self-directed learning in all education sectors. We aim to propose strategies for diverse contexts which can contribute to the development of self-directed learning skills. The aim is to broaden the body of scholarship of SDL internationally and on the African continent.